Monday 1 April 2013

10 Things I've Learned Lately.

I recently read Jennie's blog on things she'd learned lately and I thought it was a perfect opportunity for me to do a little update for you all. I haven't blogged in a while, and I thought this was a good way to get back into it. So here's 10 things I've learned lately. Enjoy.

1 / People don't live forever.

It seems like I should know this already, right? Deep down, of course I do, but you never expect it.

2 / Don't be ashamed of anything.

My blog is my pride and joy, and a lot of people in the 'real world' know about it, but I still find it so awkward to talk about it. I've learned to start being proud of it, I've been blogging for almost 3 years now, I think I should be shouting it from the rooftops!

3 / Talking doesn't make it happen.

I've been doing a lot of talking about saving money (ususally in the queue to buy something!) and I've learned to do less talking and more doing. I'm tempted to do updates on money saving but I'm not sure.

4 / You can never be overdressed or overeducated.

Just a quote I heard that has stuck. I think it's so true.

5 / Making other people happy makes me happy.

There's nothing I love more than making other people happy, and the more I do it, the more I seem to be happy myself.

6 / Spring means nothing to the UK weather.

Where is the Sun?!

7 / A hug, a laugh, a bath or a nap solves pretty much anything.

I don't know why I never realised this before.

8 / Everything happens for a reason.

However, I need to be that reason for getting where I want to be.

9 / It's okay to not like the same things as everyone else.

If we were all the same, life would be boring.

10 / Life is what you make it.

So get out there and live it. I am.

// This post is dedicated to my great grandad Gary. My great-grandad was someone I thought would always be around, but sadly we lost him on the 23rd March 2013. I'll always be greatful that I got to have 20 years with my great grandad in my life - not many people can say that - but it still doesn't make it any easier. I'm just reassured by the fact that he's not in any pain anymore. I'll miss his stories, and he'll always be my great great grandad. I love you. //


2 comments:

  1. RIP, thinking of you at this horrible time. My nan-in-law passed away today, horrible but she had a bloody good life! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear. My great grandad was 86 and also he had a great fulfilled life which is very reassuring. Thank you for your comment.

      xx

      Delete

Leave a comment, whether its two sentences or two paragraphs, I will always read them. Your comments never fail to put a smile on my face.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...