Sunday 8 January 2012

My Every Day Make Up Routine

I enjoy playing around with make up and trying out different eye looks etc. however I thought I'd show my general day to day 'face'. I sometimes change certain things depending on how I feel, but it's normally the same. This is the look I wear for days when I don't want to appear too 'made up' for example going to work, or just popping to the shops.



Foundation: After moisturising the first thing I apply is my foundation (if I know I'm going to be out all day I may apply a primer) but the foundation I use is MAC Studio Fix Fluid in shade NW15. I normally apply with either a sponge or a Sigma F80 brush.

Bronzer: I then apply bronzer just below the cheekbones, and glide it around the sides of my face, on my forehead, nose and chin. I sometimes apply a bit to my neck in order to match the shade of my face. The bronzer I normally use is from Accessorize but I'm not sure which shade as the writing has worn!

Eyebrows: I then colour in my brows using a dark brown shadow that I received in a set years ago. If I change the colour of my hair then I often change this if necessary. I use a small angled brush to do this.

Eyes: Depending on how I feel, I'll either just use one colour over the whole lid (in the photo I've applied 'Buck' from the Urban Decay Naked Palette with a eyeshadow brush and then blended in with a contour brush) or I'll create a brown smokey eye. I then use MAC Carbon and apply using an angled brush along my lash line. I sometimes top up with a liquid eyeliner (don't know the name of mine - it came free with a magazine) if I want to go for a sharper look (I've used both in the photo). I then apply mascara. The mascara I use changes every day, but today I used Rimmel Lash Accelerator then Maybelline Falsies.

Face (Again!): I apply a small amount of concealer under my eyes and rub in using my finger. The best tip I've learned is to use the ring finger - it is so much better as you use less pressure and it's the softest! I then apply a small amount of blusher to my cheeks using a bronzing brush and then apply a powder all over using a face brush. The blusher I've used is Benefit Coralista and the face powder is by MUA in Shade 2.

So there we have it! I sometimes end by spraying ELF's Make Up Set and Mist (I think that's what it's called - I can't check as I've currently misplaced it) which is a wonderful product.

x

1 comment:

Leave a comment, whether its two sentences or two paragraphs, I will always read them. Your comments never fail to put a smile on my face.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...