Tuesday 31 January 2012

Frugal February

Last year, I noticed so many bloggers had signed up to Frugal February. I really liked the idea, but I didn't feel like I 'needed' to save money as I didn't feel I spent that much on beauty products. Over January, I wrote down everything I spent and most of my money (after car insurance, travel etc.) went on beauty. And that was whilst I was trying to cut down! I have vowed to make February my month of real saving, mostly because it's the shortest, but also because there's so many others doing it and I think it will be more of a success doing it as part of a team.

Just to clarify why I'm doing this, here is a photo of some of the things I have purchased in the last month:

What is Frugal February? It basically involves one simple rule that you must stick to:

I vow, for one month from 1st Feb, to avoid shopping for anything other than essentials.

It's that simple! (Well, not really, it's going to be tough!) If you want more details, and want to sign up yourself, click here. Let me know if you do, moral support is definitely going to be needed!

x

6 comments:

  1. Great idea, at least with the money you save you can treat yourself to something fab on march 1st

    Good Luck

    Peg x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant idea! I have completely missed this on the blogosphere, and luckily due to a busy day yesterday I can still join in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frugal Feb is such a good idea!! Good luck! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely signing up to do this, even if I'm a little late. Wonder if this can stop my OCD shopping! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Luck:):) I can't wait to see how you get on with it xx

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, whether its two sentences or two paragraphs, I will always read them. Your comments never fail to put a smile on my face.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...